General Enrollment Information:
Welcome to the McDowell County Schools Online Application for Student Enrollment!
The information reported in this packet will become part of your child's cumulative school record. Student record information will not be released to third parties or used for purposes other than routine daily and/or emergency contact needs without the knowledge or permission of parents, legal guardians, or students who have passed their eighteenth birthday, except in accordance with the law.
Only a parent or legal guardian may enroll a student in McDowell County Schools. Proof of Guardianship can include a birth certificate, divorce papers, Social Services paperwork, or paperwork signed by a judge awarding custody.
Remember to inform school staff of any special needs your student may have (504 Plan, IEP, AIG, special health care needs, special education, etc.)
All applications will be processed electronically and checked for accuracy. Any falsification of information may result in your application not being processed and/or denied.
*Please also note that this website is optimized for IE 10.0 and higher, Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Edge.
Available for 2020-2021 School Year
McDowell County Schools Online Student Enrollment Information:
We would like to welcome you and your child to McDowell County Schools! Please read through the information below to identify the documents required for enrollment. Complete all forms within this online packet in order to ensure a prompt enrollment for your child.
- Completed Enrollment Packet
- Proof of Age ex. Birth Certificate
- Up-to-Date Immunization Record
- NC Health Assessment
- Proof of Residency
- Court Documentation
As a school system, we recognize that each child is a unique individual. The information you provide to us is important in helping us to fully understand your child's strengths and needs. Thank you for allowing us this opportunity.
If you should need any help with the registration process, please contact the school and someone will be glad to assist you!
PROOF OF AGE
- Birth Certificate, passport, an adoption record with date of birth, entry in a family bible with a date of birth
GUARDIAN GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID
- Driver's License, State ID, Military ID, Passport
UP-TO-DATE IMMUNIZATION RECORD
- If your child is not immunized, you will need to speak with a school nurse.
- By law, this must be received within 30 calendar days of enrollment.
- If immunization documentation is not presented within 30 calendar days, the student shall be excluded from school until proof is presented.
NC HEALTH ASSESSMENT
- Due the first day of school
- Must be signed by a license physician
- You can find a copy of the form HERE.
PROOF OF PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN'S RESIDENCE IN McDOWELL COUNTY
Only students who physically reside within the boundaries of McDowell County and non-resident students who have obtained approval from the McDowell County Schools Central Office may legally attend McDowell County Schools.
Items that may be used for Proof of Residency:
- Copy of residential deed
- Copy of current residential mortgage statement, current residential lease/rental etc
- Copy of residential lease
- Utility bill dated within past 30 days
- Custody paperwork may be required
- You will be notified via email if any documentation is required
Scribbles Software Support
Phone: (855) 465-1458
McDowell County Schools
334 South Main Street
Marion, NC 28752
If you have questions for the district, please contact your school
- Eastfield Global Magnet 828-652-3730
- Glenwood Elementary 828-738-4220
- Marion Elementary 828-652-2141
- Nebo Elementary 828-652-4737
- North Cove Elementary 828-756-4342
- Old Fort Elementary 828-668-7646
- Pleasant Gardens Elementary 828-724-4422
- West Marion Elementary 828-738-3353
- East McDowell Middle School 828-652-7711
- West McDowell Middle School 828-652-3390
- McDowell High School 828-652-7920
- McDowell Early College 828-659-0411
- McDowell Academy for Innovation 828-652-1040
- Foothills Community School 828-652-3390
- Head Start 828-652-3229
- NC Pre-K 828-442-2415
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM